1. Green Halloween: Halloween Costume Swap at Gwinnett Environmental Heritage Center.
*Green Halloween is a non-profit, grassroots community initiative to create healthier and more Earth-friendly holidays, starting with Halloween. www.greenhalloween.org
2. Historic Halloween: Capturing the Spirit of Oakland: 2012 Halloween Tours
Venture through Oakland Cemetery with caution as you listen to stories of historical Atlantan figures ... along with tales of murder and mayhem. There will also be music and fortune telling. $10-$20. 5:30 p.m. Fri.-Sun., Oct. 26-28. Oakland Cemetery, 248 Oakland Ave. 404-688-2107. www.oaklandcemetry.com.
3. Cultural Halloween: Day of the Dead Festival (Dia de los Muertos)
4. Pet Friendly Halloween: On Sunday, October 28, from 12-4pm dress up your pets whether they're “boo”tiful, “fur”ocious or just plain cute and bring them to Georgia SPCA for Howl-O-Ween! Enjoy special activities such as:
- Animal costume contest
- Pumpkin painting
- Boo-tiful pet pictures
- “Pur-Furred” vendor booths
- Pet adoptions
The Pet Parade is at 2:30pm, there will be two Costume Contests, one for just pets, one for owners and pets who dress up together. Each Contest will have three prizes: Best Overall, Scariest, Most Original.
Contest judges: English Nick - 97.1 The River on-air personality
Liza Cardona - theBluebirdPatch.com
Dr. Mavis McCormick-Rantze, DVM - Lanier Animal Hospital
Don't miss the rest of the fun!
- DJ - Audiocake
- DALMATIAN Bounce House* (thank you Jumptastic)
- Inflatable Obstacle Course* (thank you Excel Gymnastics and Cheer)
- Pumpkin Painting Contest - pumpkins, paint, and bushes provided, or, you may bring your own pre-painted pumpkin. Entries must be received (with dry paint, please) by 2:00pm, three prizes will be awarded: Best Overall, Scariest, Most Original (awards given at 3:30pm, must be present to win)
- Face Painting, kid-friendly games*
- Raffles*- BRAND NEW Apple iPad, Wine and Crystal Glasses set, hand-made Quilts, Doggie Goodie Baskets (winners chosen at 4:00pm, must be present to win)
- Photos by a professional photographer George Aubrey ($10 donation for a CD with ten photos or two 4x6 prints)
- Sadie's Place spook-tacular yard sale
- Microchipping clinic ($25)
- Tacos, nachos, snacks and drinks, Chicago Red Hots, our neighbor, will be open and donating 5% of the day's proceeds to the SPCA
On October 27, from 2 pm to 7 pm don’t miss this SPOOKTACULAR event with LOTS of family-friendly activities, trick or treat, costume contest, kids zone, hay rides & MORE!
FREE CONCERT FEATURING: LAUGHING PIZZA! plus 2nd Annual Cat Cruise In Car Show to benefit the Duluth High School Basketball Program Spooky Performance by Duluth High School Orchestra.