Many of these children have been abused, abandoned or neglected and live in group homes, shelters or temporary housing without adequate heat. The gift of a new pair of pajamas can provide children in need with a glimmer of hope and a feeling that someone cares about their well-being. Every child deserves to sleep in their own pjs every night!
Did You Know?
· 1 in 5 American children live in poverty – a higher rate than any other developed country except for Romania. (2013)
· The average age of a homeless person in the United States is 9 years old. (Open Door Mission)
· Each year, over 800,000 children and youth in the United States experience homelessness. (Source: U.S. Dept. of Education)
· More than 16 million children in the United States – 22% of all children – live in families with incomes below the federal poverty level. (Source: National Center for Children in Poverty)
· More than 3.5 million people are homeless every night, and 1.35 million are children. (Source: National Coalition for the Homeless)
Carter’s will be supporting Pajama Program’s One Million Good Nights campaign through in-store donation bins. You can donate a new pair of PJs through December 31, 2014 at any of the Carter’s stores in the Atlanta area. For more information, visit: www.carters.com/carters-pj-program-2014.html