WHAT: Celebrate the Freedom to Give Blood this Memorial Day Weekend!
The American Red Cross will host two blood drives this Memorial Day weekend, May 23-25, at the Mall of Georgia and Town Center at Cobb.
Why get involved?
Here are some quick facts about the process, courtesy of the American Red Cross:
· Blood cannot be manufactured — it can only come from generous donors.
· Blood donation is a simple four-step process: registration and medical history, mini-physical, donation and refreshments.
· Shortages of all blood types usually occur during the summer and winter holidays—so now is the time to give!
· One donation can help save the lives of up to three people!
· The American Red Cross supplies approximately 45% of the nation's blood supply.
WHEN Mall of Georgia: 3333 Buford Drive, Buford, GA 30519
/WHERE: Upper Level near Dick’s Sporting Goods
May 23-25, 12-5 p.m.
Town Center at Cobb: 400 Barrett Pkwy, Kennesaw, GA 30144 Sears Court May 23-25, 12-5 p.m.
HOW: Log on to http://redcrossblood.org to schedule an appointment in advance. Enter the code ‘moga’ for Mall of Georgia or ‘tcac’ for Town Center at Cobb.
For more information on these events at Mall of Georgia and Town Center at Cobb, please visit http://bit.ly/1AhgtzS and http://on.fb.me/1DP40qy.
For more blood donation facts, visit the American Red Cross online at www.givelife.org.