I remember my first Christmas at Stone Mountain. We just moved to Georgia, and were feeling downhearted, due that all of our family and friends were overseas. Spending Christmas in a new city with small children can put a lot of pressure to a young couple. You always try to make sure your children are happy and healthy, specially during a time where you are supposed to celebrate with your loved ones... but you can only do so much.
I'm thankful Stone Mountain Christmas helped us forget about all the things we left behind and showed us all the beautiful things awaiting us. The beauty about Stone Mountain Christmas is that it transports you to a place full of magic, love and Christmas cheer. This is the perfect place to take your family for a holiday getaway.
You can watch live shows, ride a train, buy gifts, take pictures with Santa, build a snowman, zoom down the 400-foot hill all together in family-sized tubes, or just go alone as a single rider. Is just a great place to start a new tradition and create memories that will last a lifetime for your kids...and you. Oh, and all the pictures you take here always come out looking beautiful because it is such a gorgeous place.
This year you can enjoy the glow of more than two million lights, festive music and visits from some your favorite holiday characters. In addition you can:
- Experience Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas 4-D, a hilarious adventure featured in 3-D with added in-theater effects that will transport you back to the Ice Age.
- Meet two iconic North Pole favorites, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer® and Bumble™ the Abominable Snow Monster. Kids of all ages can meet these two heartwarming characters or catch them in the nightly Christmas parade!
- Enjoy live performances that are sure to get you in the Christmas spirit, including NEW! The Littlest Christmas Tree,Forever Christmas, Holly Jolly Cabaret, and A Christmas Carol.
- All aboard the Singalong Train to hear your favorite Christmas tunes as well as the heartwarming story of the first Christmas in The Gift.
- Wander through the Wonderland Walkway, a dazzling tunnel of lights guiding you to the Snow Angel® Palace, where you can have your picture taken with beautiful Snow Angel and her Toy Soldiers.
- Take in the sights and sounds of the season with a nightly Christmas Parade including whimsical floats and the arrival of Santa Claus. Be sure to stay for the magical Snow Angel® Snowfall and Fireworks Finale to wrap up the evening.
- Bring your Christmas wishes and visit with Santa Claus — Named by USA Today as one of the ten best places in the country to catch Santa Claus.
- Enjoy great holiday shopping that includes hand blown glass ornaments, homemade fudge, unique toys and seasonal apparel.
Additionally, enjoy Stone Mountain Park’s fun attractions that will be open during the daytime – included in your Christmas admission ticket.