Feeding America is part of a national movement to raise awareness and take action to fight hunger in America during the month of September, Hunger Action Month. Throughout the month, Feeding America’s nationwide network of more than 200 food banks, including the Atlanta Community Food Bank, is working to engage citizens to take action through the 30 Ways in 30 Days campaign. Individuals are asked to make a pledge to take part in the fight against hunger in America.
Food banks across the country will be raising awareness and asking everyone to get involved in September. When you visit the website of the Atlanta Community Bank online you'll have access to a new interactive version of their 30 Ways in 30 Days calendar with great ideas on ways YOU can take action. Once you sign up for the Recipe for Change toolkit you will be able to share a meal with friends, family, co-workers or neighbors and have a discussion about the issue of hunger.
Wanna get involved?
Here are some additional actions we feeding America is asking the public to take during September:
- Donate your Facebook status to hunger
- Watch and share Hungry Kate (URL forthcoming)
- Share a hunger fact with your friend
- Wear orange on Sept 6 or Go Orange digitally through the Feeding America Facebook application
- Tour your local food bank
- Volunteer for your local food bank – find their Hunger Action Month calendar
- Speak out by filling out a paper plate at your local food bank to send to your local official
- Or fill out a paper plate and take a picture and post on Facebook