Georgia Tech is inviting the Hispanic community to the upcoming Latino College & STEM Fair, where:
- Parents will learn how to help their children go to college
- Elementary, middle, and high school students will attend separate, interesting and interactive workshops about college presented by college students
- All attendees will have a unique opportunity to meet and speak with representatives from various institutions of higher education and organizations serving the Hispanic/Latino community.
In addition there will be:
- Bilingual workshops and activities for the entire family, including K-12 students and parents
- Learn what more than 40 colleges and universities and community organizations have to offer you
- Free babysitting (restrictions apply)
- Free raffles and door prizes
Each of the 30-minute workshops and presentations will be offered during all of the three time slots available: 9am-11am, 11am-1pm, and 1pm-3pm. The topics of the workshops will be determined soon. For updated information, please visit our website periodically at www.gostem.gatech.edu. The college fair/exhibitor’s expo area can be visited anytime between 9am and 3pm. Therefore, attending the event during any of the three 2-hour shifts offered will give you a chance to attend all the workshops and visit the exhibitor’s area. The graph below illustrates the tentative schedule:
Please note that they expect a large number of people on March 30, so it’s very important that you plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of the shift you will be attending to allow enough time for parking and registration. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Seating is limited and reservations will be accepted on a first-time-first-served basis. The reservation deadline is February 15, 2013.
We look forward to receiving your reservation and to seeing you at the Latino College & STEM Fair!
To register, for this event in English click here.