The Children's Museum of Atlanta has named The Bluebird Patch blog of the month for the month of July. Our Weebles Coast To Coast post was a huge hit and we are so happy The Children's Museum loved it as much as we do. We are so excited and honored, to be recognized by such an iconic attraction that has been a catalyst for so many wonderful initiatives. The mission of The Children's Museum of Atlanta is to spark imagination and inspire discovery and learning for all children through the power of play.
Since opening in 2003, the Museum has:
- Welcomed nearly 2 million visitors!
- Sparked discovery and learning for children, parents, grandparents, caregivers and teachers through the power of play
- Lead countless children from over 750 area schools and child development centers in creative, educational field trip programs
- Offered tens of thousands free admissions to those in need, and kept our Museum Without Walls roots alive through extensive outreach programs in underserved Atlanta neighborhoods
- Started “The Imaginators”, a troupe of professional actors who perform at the museum daily
- Launched The Imagine It! Express, our very own bio-friendly bus, which brings children to Imagine It! for whom safe, affordable transportation is unavailable
- Presented three new exhibit experiences each year to keep the experience refreshed and new
Each month, The Children’s Museum of Atlanta’s Imaginators and their dedicated troupe of professional actors and educators, visit children at 26 participating schools and child development centers to share enlightening and fun educational content that aligns with the Georgia Performance Standards. A strong emphasis on literacy is incorporated into the programs. To learn more about this program, new exhibits, donating, or becoming a member of The Children's Museum of Atlanta please visit: http://www.childrensmuseumatlanta.org