I'm a spokesperson on behalf the Protein Fight Club Milk Mustache Campaign. I have been compensated for this post. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.
It's Not Breakfast Without Milk
Personally, I love having high protein breakfast every morning. It gives me energy and valuable nutrients that I need to help me tackle the day. I always use egg whites, fresh fruit and of course a glass of 8oz of skim milk. If I'm making an omelet or scrambled eggs, I absolutely love adding tons of veggies. Some of my favorite combinations are Kale with cherry tomatoes, portabella mushrooms and red onions, and spinach with red peppers.
Why Breakfast at Home?
- Breakfast at Home is a less expensive option than eating breakfast out each day.
- It's healthier to eat breakfast at home—you can control contents and portions.
- Breakfast is a time to bring the family together to start the day right with the good nutrition family members need to navigate the day.
healthy snack ideas that I have been using to help me keep those new year resolutions!
- 1 ½ oz spreadable reduced‐fat cheese
- 10 small whole grain crackers
- 8oz cup skim milk
- ¾ cup high fibre (at least 5 g of fibre), high protein cereal (at least 10 g of protein)
- 1 cup apple slices with 1 ½ tbsp crunchy natural peanut butter
- 1 reduced fat string cheese (4 g of fat or less)
- 1 cup red or green grapes
- 5 oz nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sliced strawberry, raspberry and blueberry fruit cup, 3 tbsp light chocolate syrup
- 5 8 small whole grain crackers
- 5 large shrimp, 3 tbsp cocktail sauce
- 5 sliced strawberries
- 8 walnut halves
- 10 grape tomatoes
- 5 whole grain crackers, 4 tbsp hummus
- 1 cup lentil soup
- 2 crisp breads with 4 tbsp avocado
- 1 container sugar free low fat pudding with 1 cup sliced strawberries, 1 tbsp slivered almonds
- 1 small square dark chocolate (at least 70%
- cocoa) with 12 oz skim or soy milk
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 7 reduced fat whole grain crackers
- ½ 1 can water packed tuna with low fat mayonnaise and mustard to taste, on whole wheat bread
- 1 cup low fat granola topped with ½ serving of
- Whey Gourmet powder & plain yogurt
- Sugar free, fat free yogurt or low fat cottage cheese
- Chopped veggies
- Celery sticks with natural peanut butter
How are holding to those New Years resolutions? Do you have a favorite snack to help you fight those irresistible food cravings? Share it with us in the comment section below!