- Timer: Let the app be the bad guy with a built-in timer that lets you limit kids’ screen time. The app alerts your child when the session is over, so you don’t have to. (You’re welcome. ;) )
- Sound settings: Sometimes you need a little peace and quiet! You have an option to turn off background music and sound effects, so your kids can keep watching while you catch a breather.
- Search settings: If you’d rather limit your children to just the pre-selected videos available on the home screen, you can turn off search.
- Product feedback: The goal is to improve YouTube Kids all the time, so if you see something you don't like they've included a space for you to give your feedback.
- Easy navigation: The app has big buttons kids tap on to reach dedicated sections in the app, including “Shows,” “Music,” “Learning,” and “Explore,” as indicated by icons of a play button, radio, light-bulb and binoculars, respectively.
Things the app is currently not offering: Personalization and customized content.