The Walt Disney Company is partnering with the United Negro College Fund to provide scholarships and professional tools to African American students.
The goals of The Walt Disney Company UNCF Corporate Scholars Program is to help create a diverse pipeline of college educated professionals poised to assume fulfilling off-camera careers in entertainment, and to help increase the number of underrepresented minorities employed in the entertainment industry.
* Underrepresented African American freshmen, enrolled full-time at a four-year college or university
* Preference will be given to students attending a Historically Black College or University (HBCU)
* Students must have a demonstrated financial need as verified by their college or university
* Students must have a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
* Students must have an interest in pursuing an off-camera career in the entertainment industry (e.g. film, television, hospitality management, journalism, media production, digital media, etc.) as demonstrated by submission of an initial essay.
The application process opens March 16, 2015 and closes May 15, 2015. More information here.