Fernbank Museum Hosts Annual Halloween Family Event
Get ready for kooky costumes, not-so-scary stories and treats galore. Fernbank BOO-Seum Trick-or-Treat returns for another frighteningly-fun Halloween celebration on . From , Museum visitors will enjoy a spook-tacular day of Halloween games, activities, music and treats for kids in costumes.
- Halloween TreatsLook for trick-or-treat stations throughout the Museum. Treats vary from candy to small toys. (May contain small parts.)
- BOO-Seum Costume ContestShow off crazy costumes and dance to the kid-friendly tunes of Little Beat Music. Register for the BOO-Seum costume contest to win prizes such as a FREE Museum membership and FREE IMAX® tickets. Enter to win for “Best Overall Kid’s Costume” and “Best Family.”
- Ghoulish GamesTry your hand at Halloween games such as Scary Boo-ling, Witch Hat Toss,Spider Web Game and Pumpkin Tic-tac-toe to win treats.
- Popsicle Stick Mummy CraftCreate mummies made of popsicle sticks to take home! (This activity involves small parts. Parental supervision required.)
- Mystery BoxesDo you dare? Stick your hand in these creepy boxes to feel unusual items including “spider legs,” “dragon skin,” “monster guts” and “vampire brains.”
- Truman the DragonSnap a photo or two with the spokesdragon for Kidsville News, Truman the Dragon, a popular children’s icon for reading, literacy, character development and education.
- Not-So-Spooky Story TellingJoin a Fernbank educator for a special Halloween story and AHHHctivity!