(February 27, 1932 – March 23, 2011)
“I hope with all of my heart that in some way I have made a difference in the lives of people with AIDS. I want that to be my legacy. Better that than for the mole on my cheek.” Elizabeth Taylor
2. Before she made films, she had a lemonade stand in
3. She hated being called Liz.
7. She loved blood-orange juice.
8. In her twenties, she nearly lost an eye and a leg.
9. Second only to Princess Diana, Elizabeth Taylor has appeared solo on the cover of People magazine a total of 14 times.
12. In 1962, she tried to commit suicide by overdosing on medication.
14. In the 1980s, she received treatment for alcoholism.
15. In October, 1991,
16. In 1993, she was given prestigious Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award.
17. She was made a Dame by Queen Elizabeth II in May 2000.
18. In 2006,
19. When Elizabeth Taylor was in the hospital Oct 2009 to have a leaky heart valve repaired, she tweeted her friend Kathy Ireland : “Thanks Darling for the beautiful flowers and all the prayers.” “Now can you just get my puppy past hospital security. Love.
20. People on Twitter named her new fragrance, Violet Eyes.
“When I first started doing the work I did for AIDS,” she says, “it was very unpopular. A lot of people told me I’d be badly burned by it, that it was very undignified. And I didn’t give a hoot what people thought about it then, and I don’t now. It’s just that there has to be something done about it. I want to do all I can because I have to live with me.”
To donate to Elizabeth's foundation please visit
To donate to Elizabeth's foundation please visithttp://www.ethaf.org/